Theme: “And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Theme Text: Matthew 28:20
Theme Hymn: “Lord Jesus, You Shall Be My Song” • ELW 808
2017 Synod Assembly Recap!
–Assembly Day 1 Notes
–Assembly Day 2 Notes
–Banquet (Family Feud, starts at 46:36 into the video)
–Saturday Morning Plenary
–Saturday Afternoon Plenary
Documents will be uploaded and live when materials become available.
*Printed copy provided at the synod assembly.
*Let’s Do Lunch
Robert’s Rules Of Order
Report Of The Presiding Bishop
Report of the Synod / Bp. Jon & Staff
Synod Conference Maps
Ministry Partner Reports
Concordia College Communicator
Lutheran Youth Organization
Pastor 2 Pastor
Women of the ELCA
Called Forward Together in Christ, ELCA Future Directions 2025
2017 Synod Assemblies Churchwide report in detail
Assembly Funding Initiative Prizes
Click here to download the lay led Service of the Word.
Click here to download Bishop Jon’s sermon in a PDF.
If you would like to download Bishop Jon’s video sermon, click here, this will bring you to the synod’s Vimeo page where you can download a mp4 file.
Below is registration information for voting participants and non-voting participants.
To download and print the following information click here.
Registration Information for Voting Assembly Participants
The following persons are eligible to serve as voting members of the assembly:
- Pastors on the roster of the Southwestern Minnesota Synod who are under call.
- Deacons on the roster of the Southwestern Minnesota Synod who are under call.
- Two retired pastors elected by their peers to represent the retired pastors on the roster of the SW MN Synod.
- Lay members of the Synod Council.
- Lay voting members from congregations of the synod.
- Lay conference chairpersons who are not congregational voting members.
- Retired pastors on the synod roster serving as interim pastors in congregations of the synod during the Synod Assembly.
- Retired or on-leave-from-call deacons elected by their congregation as voting members.
- Persons serving in a Synodically Authorized Ministry (more than half time) in congregations of the synod during the Synod Assembly.
|Congregation Size*||Voting Member #||Gender|
|0 – 174||1 or 2||If only one registers, either a male or a female.|
|If two register, it must be one male and one female.|
|175 – 500||2||1 male, 1 female|
|501 – 1,000||3||1 male, 1 female + 1 either male or female|
|1,001 – 1,500||4||2 male, 2 female|
|1,501 – 2,000||5||2 male, 2 female + 1 either male or female|
|2,001 – 2,500||6||3 male, 3 female|
|2,501 – 3,000||7||3 male, 3 female + 1 either male or female|
|3,001 – 3,500||8||4 male, 4 female|
*Numbers represent BAPTIZED membership.
More than 3,500 baptized members, add one voting member for every additional 500 baptized members.
Registration Information for Non-Voting Assembly Participants
Advisory members of the assembly have voice but not vote during business sessions. Such persons must register and pay the appropriate fee, which entitles them to all activities and meals. Those wanting the materials printed for them should add $20 to the registration fee. Persons who may register as advisory members include: ELCA churchwide staff, representatives of synodical shared ministries, retired rostered persons (with the exception of the two retired pastors elected to vote), and rostered persons not currently under call. Advisory members may attend all days of the assembly.
Visitors for the assembly have neither voice nor vote during business sessions. Any interested members of congregations of the Synod may register as visitors and pay the appropriate fee, which entitles them to all the activities and meals. Visitors must sit in a separate designated area during the business session.
If you have questions about the 2017 Synod Assembly, please call
Tammy Sather in the Synod Office at
507.627.9041 or email her at email@example.com.
Registration Procedures and Costs
Registration is online only. Please register each person attending the assembly prior to Friday, May 19, to take advantage of the early bird rate.
Online registration link will be open March 13, 2017.
|BY 5/19/2017||AFTER 5/19/2017|
|Voting Member||$180.00 (facilities/meals)*||$230.00 (facilities/meals)*|
|Advisory/Visitor||$ 95.00 (facilities/meals)*||$145.00 (facilities/meals)*|
Optional: Campus Housing & Breakfasts (includes one nights’ lodging in a dorm room & one breakfast)
|Single Room (twin bed) $35 per person||Double Room (two twin beds) $30 per person|
|Single A/C Room (twin bed) $60 per person||Double Air-Conditioned Room (two twin beds) $45 per personn|
(A/C – not guaranteed: Requests will be honored on a first come/first served basis upon registration.)
- Roommate preferences must be indicated on online registration form.
- Your roommate’s online registration form must include the same request.
- BOTH need to mark a double room and EACH pay the double room rate.
New this year:
- Breakfast may be purchased separately for participants not staying on campus for an additional $10 fee which includes Saturday breakfast only.
Pay in advance when you register online.
Cancellations by June 5: 100% Refund
Cancellations after June 5 or Non-Attendance without Cancellation: No Refund