Living well is a personal journey that presents each of us with unique opportunities to steward our gifts in all dimensions of our lives. The following grants are to assist you in your journey.
Gifts of Grace Ministerial Excellence Fund (MEF)
The MEF offers three categories of grants available to rostered ministers who are in active calls in the SW MN Synod.
- Reduction of Student Educational Loans Online Application (currently closed)
- Retirement Readiness Online Application (currently closed)
- Medical Expenses Online Application (up to $1,500 – Application open year-round.)
Funds nearly expended. Application still open.
Please read the COVID Relief Grant explanation before applying for the grant.
These grants are made available through generous gifts to our Gifts of Grace: Toward Financial Wellbeing program and matching funds provided by Lilly Endowment Inc. If you have questions, please contact Pr. Andrew Hermodson-Olsen, 507-375-3472, [email protected].
Congregational Mission Grants Coming Spring of 2023.
The Southwestern Minnesota Synod Endowment Fund will once again award grants to support the mission of Congregations in their local communities in 2023-2024. The Fund Committee is looking for projects proposals in the following areas:
- Community Outreach
- Youth Activities
- Special Mission Projects
- Addressing Community Food Insecurity
These grants are intended for new initiatives or for significant expansion of existing programs to serve new people. The Endowment Fund is particularly interested in proposals that involve partnerships with other faith communities and organizations in the community. In evaluating applications, the Endowment Committee will consider sustainability following the initial grant period where applicable.
The Endowment Committee will decline to fund building improvements, maintenance, or renovation, and congregational mission trips. In addition, while welcoming applications that involve project staffing, ongoing staff positions will not be considered.
The grant application and more information will be posted soon.
Projects Supported in 2022
- Big Grove Crow River Grace Parish: Live Streaming
- Fields of Grace Parish: "A New Day" Radio Church Broadcast
- Trinity Lutheran Church, St. Peter: Planting Worship Leaders
- Swedlanda Lutheran Church: Projector Screen
- Rejoice Lutheran Church: Community Conversations around the Table
- Our Saviors Lutheran Church, Albany: Video & Audio Upgrade for Better Outreach
- Healing Waters Parish: Project Real
- First Lutheran Church, Worthington: Sharing Seeds: Providing Culturally Sensitive Options
- Zion Lutheran Church, Hanska: Community Meal Delivery
- Salem Lutheran Church, Jackson: Contemporary Worship Live Streaming System
- First Lutheran Church, Morris: Fusion Youth Ministry and Element Youth Ministry
- Lake Hanska Lutheran Church: Technology Installation
- Christ Lutheran Church: Technology Upgrade
- American Lutheran Church, Windom: Blizzard Meals for Meals on Wheels Elderly
- Immanuel Lutheran Church, Clara City: Community Meal