Living well is a personal journey that presents each of us with unique opportunities to steward our gifts in all dimensions of our lives. The following grants are to assist you in your journey.
These grants are inspired by the Portico Benefit Services’ Wholeness Wheel. Wellness is multi-dimensional — made up of spiritual, vocational, intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and financial dimensions of well-being. Spiritual well-being is intertwined with and influences our well-being in all other dimensions.
Fund for Leaders Seminary Tuition Scholarship
These scholarships are paid to seminaries by the ELCA Fund for Leaders in Mission with assistance from our synod regarding applications and recommendations. Distributions are made from the synod’s Fund for Leaders, Trinity (Chandler) and Marble (Hendricks) Lutheran Churches, Green Lake Lutheran Ministries, and the Lutheran Men in Mission. Applications are received in the Spring for distribution in the next academic year.
1) Enrolled at an ELCA seminary;
2) Pursuing ordained or rostered lay ministry in the ELCA;
3) Will not be on internship during the next academic year; and
4) Academic excellence.
Students may be full- or part-time. Traditional, distance learning, and TEEM candidates are all eligible to apply.
Debt Reduction Grant
Debt Reduction Grant for Seminary Student Loans
These grants are paid to lending agencies with proceeds from the synod’s Rural Ministry Debt Reduction endowment fund. Applications are received in the Fall for distribution in early October.
1) ELCA rostered leaders serving in good standing in SW MN Synod as of July 1 of the current year;
2) who served under call in this synod in the previous calendar year;
3) with payments on seminary loans in the previous calendar year (documentation submitted to our office at the time of application);
4) with remaining seminary student loan balance of at least $500 as of June 30 of the current year; and
5) application received in synod office by September 15 of the current year. (Disbursement of funds will be paid directly to lending agencies.)
Pension Equity Grants
Pension Equity Grants
These grants are paid to the rostered leader’s pension/retirement account from the synod’s Pension Equity endowment fund. The purpose is to help equalize pension funding for rostered leaders called to serve in our synod, especially early in their ministries. Applications are received in the Fall.
1) ELCA rostered leaders serving in good standing in SW MN Synod;
2) who are paid below synod guidelines;
3) who have completed the current year’s Forms A and C; and
4) who have submitted their Rostered Leader Report to the Bishop for the current year.
Wellness Dollars from SW MN Synod
More information coming soon for the synod’s 2017 Wellness Dollars grants.
$400 Wellness Dollars Incentives for ELCA-Primary Health Plan Members
Login to your MyPortico account to earn up to $400 in Wellness Dollars, which will be deposited into your personal wellness account, legally a health reimbursement arrangement (HRA), or a health savings account (HSA).