Living well is a personal journey that presents each of us with unique opportunities to steward our gifts in all dimensions of our lives. The following grants are to assist you in your journey.
Gifts of Grace Grants for 2023
The Gifts of Grace program has grants that seek to help with the financial wellbeing of rostered ministers within SW MN Synod.
- Read grant eligibility, guidelines, and requirements in each grant application.
Congregational Mission Grants
The Southwestern Minnesota Synod Endowment Fund will once again award grants to support the mission of Congregations in their local communities in 2023-2024. The Fund Committee is looking for projects proposals in the following areas:
- Community Outreach
- Youth Activities
- Special Mission Projects
- Addressing Community Food Insecurity
These grants are intended for new initiatives or for significant expansion of existing programs to serve new people. The Endowment Fund is particularly interested in proposals that involve partnerships with other faith communities and organizations in the community. In evaluating applications, the Endowment Committee will consider sustainability following the initial grant period where applicable.
Congregations of the SWMN Synod, as well as Conferences and Campus Ministries, are invited to apply.
There is $26,700 available to be awarded this year. Funded projects must be completed, and final report received by November 30, 2024. This is the fourth year for Congregational Mission Grants. In 2022 a total of $23,435 was awarded to fund fourteen projects. The awards ranged from $300 to $3,000.
The Endowment Committee will decline to fund building improvements, maintenance, or renovation, and congregational mission trips. In addition, while welcoming application which involve project staffing, ongoing staff positions will not be considered.
- July 1, 2023 - Application deadline
- August 15, 2023 - Applicants will be informed of approval or denied the proposal on or before this date. A Grant Acceptance Agreement will be sent to successful applicants.
- As soon as successful applicants return signed agreement form funds will be distributed.
- November 1, 2024 – Completion Reports must be submitted by this date. We encourage grantees to submit this report as soon as the project is completed.