The Southwestern Minnesota Synod Assembly was held June 9-10 at Gustavus Adolphus College, St Peter. The theme of the Assembly was, “Embody the Word,” which was present throughout the weekend. The Assembly was able to see the many gifts of leaders, both lay and rostered, from around the synod showcased in videos, worship, workshops, speakers, and around your table.
Here is a summary of Assembly actions:
The Assembly elected:
- Vice President: Ms Maria Lokensgard
- Synod Treasurer: Mr Bob Haines
- Synod Secretary: Rev. Ann Zastrow (2nd term)
- Synod Council At-Large: Rev. Don McKee
- Synod Council At-Large: Ms Emily Peterson
- Consultation Committee: Ms Kristen Pierce
- Consultation Committee: Mr Rick Loseth
- Discipline Committee: Rev Kathleen Ulland-Klinkner
- Discipline Committee: Rev Michael Carlson
- Discipline Committee: Rev Christopher Culuris
*Assembly Action: SA23.06.03: Motion to approve Resolution 23.01: Recommended Changes to Synod Constitution: Motion approved.
*Assembly Action: SA23.06.04: Motion to approve Budget for FY2025. Motion approved.
*Assembly Action: SA23.06.05: Motion to approve 2024 SW MN Synod Compensation Guidelines. Motion approved.