Forms A and C are annual forms that are to be filled out by each congregation. This information is submitted to the ELCA to help provide crucial data that assist in assessing the success of existing programs and in preparation of new resources. This data is also shared on your congregation’s full trend report on the ELCA’s website. (To view a congregation’s trend report on the ELCA website, click Find a Congregation and type in the zip code, click on the congregation name.)
To fill out these forms you must have your congregation ID number and password. Passwords change from year to year. Congregation passwords can be found on the mailed form A (top right) or please call the synod office at 507-637-3904.
Helpful Notes on Accounting for PPP Loans:
In 2020 many congregations received PPP loans to provide financial assistance during the pandemic. These funds need to be considered as congregations complete their ELCA Congregational Report for the year ending December 31, 2020. The ELCA Office of the Secretary advises:
For congregations who received a PPP Loan that has been forgiven:
- Record the amount of the loan that was received on Form A, Line 17e in “All other receipts”.
For congregations who received a PPP Loan that has NOT yet been forgiven:
- Record the amount of the loan that was received on Line 17e in “All other receipts”.
- Record the loan as debt on Line 19.
The Deadline is February 15, 2021
You can file electronically or by mail.
– Click here to access Forms A & C
– Click here for general instructions (PDF)
– Financial Stewardship Worksheet (PDF) Please call the synod office for an Excel file. Use this worksheet to gather the data to complete Form A. This worksheet is for local use and should not be included with forms mailed to the synod office.