As members of the ELCA, we are called to respond.
We are a church that rolls up our sleeves and gets to work.
The ELCA has a long history of being present in communities, working to help and serve where the needs are greatest. Our relief and development work is pursued and accomplished through a variety of bold, active ministries and initiatives:
- ELCA Malaria Campaign
- ELCA World Hunger
- HIV and AIDS Ministry
- Lutheran Disaster Response
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service
Each effort strives for justice, peace and change in the world, and draws its strength and effectiveness from working in partnership with others who share a common vision of serving and loving our neighbor and restoring and reconciling communities in Jesus Christ’s name.
- In 2015 your synod gave $164,713 to ELCA World Hunger.
- In 2015 your synod gave $16,627 to Lutheran Disaster Response.
- In 2015 your synod gave $188,576 to Missionary Sponsorship and Young Adults in Global Mission.