Are you ready to learn more about digital ministry, but not sure where to begin? Looking for true 101-level basics? The SW MN Synod has just learned about a training on digital ministry, and will help support a small team from up to 5 congregations to attend eFormation 101: Presentations and Coaching, by Virginia Theological Seminary. The event is coming up quickly!
- Friday, July 17, 11 am – 3 pm CST – Zoom Webinar
- Friday, July 24 at 1pm, Zoom meeting with breakout groups
- Friday, July 31 at 1 pm, Zoom meeting with breakout groups
Cost – $95.00 per person, less 20% with discount code. Synod scholarships available!
As a true 101-level course, the Webinar will cover:
- Facebook 101: Profile vs. page, posting videos and links, monitoring comments, page security, events, Facebook Live, and Facebook Premiere
- Zoom 101: tiers of access, Webinar v. Meeting, security, sharing screen, equipping formation leaders to more efficiently make digital disciples in an era of disconnect
- Video 101: filming basics, lighting tips and camera placement, suggested “upgrade” hardware, editing basics, transfer of video, and platforms
We’re looking for 5 synod congregations who will
- Identify 1-2 people to attend the training with a pastor.
- Notify D.E.M. Pr. Dee Pederson that you’re ready to register and receive the registration discount code. The first 5 synod congregations to reach out to Pr. Dee will be eligible for a synod scholarship of 2/3 of the cost for each team.
- Register those individuals directly yourself by clicking here.
- Send the registration receipt to Pr. Dee Pederson to receive a reimbursement scholarship back from the synod for members of the team.
Contact Pr. Dee –
Pr. Dee Pederson, D.Min.
Director for Evangelical Mission, Southwestern Minnesota Synod, ELCA
Phone: c. 320-260-5667, o. 507-627-9048