Mission Encounter – Tues. afternoon was spent in two blocks of presentations, music and videos sharing the story of both Global Mission and Missional work in our country. I was quite taken by the story of Asian ministry in China and in the Pacifica Synod (Hawaii and Southern California). It was interesting to learn a bit about this work that is happening across our country and globe. I found these statements in a book that was passed out. It was called Mission Encounter. Here are the statements that I found helpful.
- We are a church that shares a living, daring confidence in God’s grace.
- We are a church whose unity is in Jesus who gathers us around word and water, wine and bread.
- We are a church called to discern together what the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ means for the world and for our common life.
- We are a church called to do God’s work in the world, restoring and reconciling community
- We are a church that belongs to Christ, and we believe God calls each of us by name.